While these terms sounds similar, actually they indicates two different things.You can sort CB marketplace results place by clicking the sort box right on top right corner of the page..
Different between Clickbank gravity and popularity.
- "popularity" is about the number of products sold, regardless how many affiliates are selling them.
- "gravity" indicates how many unique affiliates able to sell that product recently.
* If one affiliate made 1000 sale last week, the gravity score is still 1, but the popularity might be higher.
* If one affiliate made sale in the last two weeks, the gravity score is 0.9. There’s 0.1 difference in gravity score from one week to another.
* If one affiliate made sale eight weeks ago, the gravity is 0.3.
So What does Clickbank gravity means to affiliates?
Basically, a product with high gravity means:
* The conversion rate of landing page is high, since lots of affiliates successfully sell it.
* The product is in hot, high demand market at that time, since it based on recent sales and not how many sales made years ago.
* High gravity means that product is the latest, the best product in the market at recently.
* High gravity also means the number of searches made on product name keyword is high recently.
How to use gravity in your affiliate campaign
Get high volume of buyer traffic for Adwords campaign. Find any product with high gravity, then create a blog or landing page with product review inside it. Send traffic to your blog or landing page using Adwords for that product name keywords only.
High conversion rate if you recommend to your list subscribers. Recommend that product to your subscribers and it can easily convert into sales.
Indication of hot niche market. When performing niche research, focus on Clickbank gravity since it is based on recent sales. Which means recently, that market is hot, with high demand.
Indication of competition. Does high gravity always good? Not quite. The higher gravity, means the more affiliate marketers in that market. Which means the competition could be fierce. For example like make money niche, internet marketing.
The right way to find untapped niche market with low competition..
A good way to find good, hot market with less competition is by finding any product with gravity score 1 until 30. Not less and not more. If less than 1 probably the market is not hot recently and it’s hard to find customers.
Gravity score 1 means there’s still an affiliate made sale last week. If less than 1, it means there was no sale at all last week.
If higher than 30, the competition is high and it is impossible to get ranked in Google for free listings.
If you have limited resources ,or you have no extra money to run a PPC campaign ,you shouldn't relay on the highest gravity because high gravity also means high competition. If you try to SEO your target keywords, It is not east too,and it almost impossible to ranked top ten in Google for a competitive search term in the short period of time. Markets like make money online, internet marketing, weight loss should be avoided if you are target on SERP earning.